Joanna is an experienced and versatile litigator with over twenty years’ experience representing individuals and businesses in a variety of complex commercial disputes in state and Federal courts. She is adept at guiding clients through all phases of a dispute, from pre-litigation counseling through appeals. Joanna has trial experience in contract, business torts, trademarks, copyrights and real estate disputes. Prior to joining Lachtman Cohen & Belowich P.C., Joanna worked as a litigation attorney at Proskauer LLP.
Outside of the office, Joanna is an avid runner, having completed over 35 marathons and half marathons, including the Boston and New York City Marathons. She lives in Westchester, New York with her husband and two daughters.
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Tulane Law School, J.D., 2001, magna cum laude
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1996
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Westchester County Bar Association
- Legal Aid Society of Westchester County – Board Member
- Litigated three-week bench trial in New York Supreme Court in case involving claims for breach of contract and constructive eviction.
- Litigated bench trial in Southern District of New York in action for injunctive relief.
- Litigated jury trial in Southern District of New York representing Fortune 500 company in case involving failed multi-million dollar commercial transaction.
- Litigated jury trial in Southern District of New York in action for breach of contract, tortious interference with contract and copyright infringement.
- Obtained dismissal of federal action alleging claims for RICO violation, fraud, breach of contract and attorney malpractice and successfully defended appeal to Second Circuit.
- Obtained dismissal of federal and state court actions alleging discrimination in violation of the New York State Human Rights Law and Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Obtained dismissal of federal action against retailer alleging claims for trademark infringement and cybersquatting.
- Obtained favorable settlement for restaurant group in trademark infringement action.