Brian is a co-founding Partner of the firm with nearly twenty-five years of experience litigating complex business disputes and real estate and construction disputes in federal and state courts.
Brian has represented businesses and business owners in a variety of industries, including real estate development, construction, manufacturing, insurance, hospitality, healthcare, and information technology.
Brian has successfully handled a wide range of disputes, including claims for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and fraud, business divorce, shareholder and partnership disputes, construction claims, mechanic’s lien claims and fraudulent conveyance proceedings.
ASSOCIATIONS & MEMBERSHIPS
Westchester County Bar Association
- Director (2021-Present)
- Co-Chair of Construction Law Committee (2021-Present)
- Member of Task Force/Committee on Attorney Well-Being (2022-Present)
UJA Federation of New York
- Co-Chair of Westchester Business & Professional Division (2021-Present)
- Member of Westchester Executive Leadership Committee (2021-Present)
Elisabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University.
- Member of Board of Visitors (2021-Present)
New York State Bar Association
- Member (2013 to Present)
Business Council of Westchester
- Member (2013 to Present)
Attorneys for Family Held Enterprises
- Member (2023-Present)
HONORS & RECOGNITIONS
New York Metro Super Lawyers (2022-2023)
Pace University School of Law, J.D., 1999, cum laude
- Ranking Scholar
- Managing Editor of Pace Law Review
State University of New York at Albany, B.A., 1994
- New York
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of Connecticut
- Obtained and enforced judgment in action for breach of contract; won numerous motions and appeals in contract action and related actions.
- Represented majority shareholders of start-up company in action by investor relating to private stock offering; obtained order dismissing all claims.
- Represented administrator of estate in proceeding against former executor to recover monies wrongfully taken from estate; obtained decree in favor of estate.
- Defended auction gallery in action by purchaser for breach of contract and misrepresentation; obtained order dismissing all claims.
- Represented majority owners of limited liability company in proceeding for judicial dissolution and related relief; obtained dismissal of all claims.
- Defended majority owners of corporation in action by minority shareholders for breach of contract and fraud; obtained favorable settlement before trial.
- Represented fifty percent partner of business entity in judicial dissolution proceeding against former partner; obtained favorable settlement.
REAL ESTATE AND CONSTRUCTION LITIGATION
- Represented commercial real estate developer in action involving competing claims for specific performance of real property; prevailed at trial in state court.
- Represented developer and municipality in lien foreclosure action; obtained order canceling notice of pendency and vacating lien.
- Represented condominium in post-judgment fraudulent conveyance proceeding to recover $7.4 million dollar judgment from former condominium sponsor; obtained favorable multi-million dollar settlement.
- Represented real estate developer in complex eminent domain action; obtained dismissal of all claims against developer after bench trial in federal court.
- Represented maple syrup manufacturer in action relating to construction of production facility; achieved favorable settlement after depositions.
- Represented brewery in actions relating to construction of brewery and restaurant; obtained favorable settlement after depositions.
- Represented general contractor in dispute involving construction of high-end fitness studio; achieved favorable settlement after mediation.
- Represented national construction company in action involving airport modernization project; obtained favorable multi-million dollar settlement after mediation.
- Represented state agency in action by contractor arising out of large-scale construction project; obtained favorable settlement before trial.