Kerry Cunningham is a litigator with over twenty years of experience litigating in state and federal courts. Her areas of experience include complex commercial litigation, real estate litigation, insurance defense, class actions, and government investigations. Prior to joining the firm, Kerry worked as a litigation attorney at DLA Piper, LLP, Thacher Proffitt & Wood LLP, and Coudert Brothers.
- New York State
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U. S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- New York State Bar Association
- Westchester County Bar Association
Civic Positions & Associations:
- Trustee, Brewster Central School District
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- State University of New York, College at Oswego, B.A.
- Represented leading provider of exhibitions for education and entertainment in action against competitor for breach of contract and tortious interference with contract.
- Represented collateral manager in defense of claims arising out of investors’ purchase of collateralized debt obligations.
- Represented leading investment bank in early payment default and breach of warranty litigations against correspondent sub-prime lenders.
- Acted as national counsel for prominent insurance company in actions against franchises to enforce loan obligations.
- Represented insurance company in adversary proceedings against title companies and title agents relating to ownership of mortgage loans purchased in the secondary market.
- Defending appraisal management company in connection with investigation and action filed by the New York State Attorney General and related nation-wide actions and investigations by SEC and federal banking regulators.
- Defending leading title insurance company in connection with investigation by the New York State Attorney General.
- Successfully defended client against a multi-million dollar wrongful death claim after two-week jury trial in New York State Supreme Court.