Our team represents fiduciaries, beneficiaries, and other parties in matters involving the probate and administration of wills, trusts, and estates and the distribution of assets.
It is always our goal to prevent litigation and achieve a prompt and cost-effective resolution for our clients, but if it is unavoidable, we vigorously fight to protect and enforce our clients’ rights.
In litigation in New York Surrogate’s Court, we handle various types of disputes, including:
- Will and Trust Contests
- Litigation to Challenge or Defend the Interpretation of Wills and Trusts
- Litigation to Challenge the Actions of Fiduciaries, Including Executors or Trustees, in the Management of the Estate’s Assets and Financial Affairs
- Proceedings to Remove Fiduciaries, Including Trustees, Representatives, Executors, or Guardians
- Kinship Proceedings to Dispute or Establish the Inheritance Rights of Relatives
- Spousal Rights Proceedings to Dispute or Establish a Spouse’s Right to Inherit
- Litigation to Recover Estate Assets
- Proceedings to Dispute or Establish Claims to Estate Assets by Creditors and Other Third Parties